Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fourth Stem Cell Treatment Next Week!

Ken will have his fourth umbilical cord blood stem cell injection next week.  I want to thank the Stem Cell Institute for having this kind of treatment for autism. The Stem Cell Institute is the best clinic in the world for stem cell treatments. Also, I want to thank Daniel Faiella for first sharing his story about his son, Matthew. Without him, we would never have known about stem cells. Daniel's son was the first child to do this for autism...

Kenneth is a miracle. That word, I use a lot. It is true. His evaluations just came back--he is testing like a typical ten year old boy for conversation. The gaps are closing. Soon, other areas in his life will catch up. He has to work hard. I told his teachers to double up his work so that he can learn the concepts faster. They said they would do this (phew). They said this is his best year and he is so cute with his plans for his future...

He is happy to learn that if he ever gets a cavity, he can fix it with lots of cod liver oil. Someday, he wants to marry his girlfriend and have three kids. When he is at my sisters, he is glad to count the hours he stays (six), but wishes he could go to my shows (and what were they about?). Kenneth can clarify if I misunderstand his speech, for sure, that the mean teacher is Mrs. Morris, in Florida and Mrs. Norris is the speech teacher here in Maine (remember, he is going to be Mrs. Morris' boss when he grows up and fire her because she is so mean, lol)...

Everyday, the changes in my son are remarkable. At age eight, before stem cells, he could not speak to me, tell me how his day was--he screamed, fought, ran away, took off his clothes in public, too many to list.  I never want to go back to autism before stem cells...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin